Call Of Duty 5 : World At War
The BAR appears in the Pacific Campaign. It is a good weapon, but ammo is scarce as very few of the marines use it. This is the second machine gun you receive in Call of Duty: World at War. It hits hard with low recoil, but it has a low fire rate, and a small magazine of 20 bullets. With Stopping Power, it can usually kill in 2 hits at medium or close range. Without, it usually takes 3 hits at any range. Penetration has been one of it's best advantages that player likes. Although it's rate of fire was slow, it usually end up ammo quickly.It can also be fitted with a bipod that, when mounted, increases its accuracy and completely eliminates recoil. The general strategy is to burst fire or fire single, quick shots. Fully automatic usually ends up with a lot of missed shots, one is better off using the B.A.R's fully automatic capability at close ranges, where accuracy is not an issue. It often takes a while to aim in the iron sights, so it is better off as a sort of sniper, due to it having the highest accuarcy rating out of all the other machine guns.
The movement speed and hip accuracy of the B.A.R are equivalent to those of a rifle.
It is recommended to use the B.A.R in single shot form to save ammo.
Tank Dempsey seems to favor this weapon, as he might say: "The B.A.R! My Favorite!"
- In Call of Duty 3, the reload for the B.A.R. is backwards, like the Thompson 's.
- In Call of Duty 2 and World at War, even when the B.A.R is not using the bipod in single player mode, you can still see the bipod.
- The B.A.R model in Call of Duty World at War seems to be a mix of two different models, the M1918A1 and the M1918A2. It resembles no production model of the M1918 B.A.R that was ever made.
- Although there is a bipod attachment on the B.A.R in some of the games in single player, you still can't use it.
- In the Wii version of Call of Duty: World at War, the front part of the bipod is visible in 1st person.
- In the Call of Duty: World at War Beta, it was possible to mount the weapon, click in both thumbsticks, and be granted unlimited ammo. This was fixed in the final game.