Call Of Duty : Black Ops
Berlin Wall is a medium-large urban snow set terrain map set in Germany with several large buildings and a "No-man's land", where indestructible automatic turrets fire at the player if they step on the territory. The "No-man's land" is highlighted in red on the mini-map to show its danger. There is also a small path in the middle of "No-man's land" which leads to both sides of the map. The map is good for camping, sniping, and long range combat. There are several windows/holes that can see great distances (such as over to the other side of the map), making this map ideal for snipers or campers. On one side of the map there is an ally checkpoint, with small security buildings, gates and tanks. The "No-man's land" is great for a quick getaway, but the player must consider it at the risk of having to face the Auto Turrets. It has now been confirmed that there is a way to get through 'No Mans Land' with out the need of perks etc. If the player throws Willy Petes and runs through the smoke, the turrets will not shoot.
- Berlin Wall was, at one point, a canceled map.
- In the record store there are some books written by Edward Richtofen, a character in the Zombies game mode.
- One of the buildings is labeled "Wagner". Coincidentally, "Wagner" is the surname of Richard Wagner, a German composer loved by Adolf Hitler. He is the composer of Ride of the Valkyries which was famously used in Apocalypse Now, which was set in Vietnam during the war.
- In the store, the record "Musik Bomb" has similar album artwork and word art to The Clash's 1979 album, London Calling
- Looking in the record stores, one can see records which have the Illuminati symbol on it
- Although there are multiple turrets in "No-Man's Land" they will only engage one player at a time.
- This is the first and only map in the Call of Duty series to span two countries (East Germany and West Germany)
- It is possible to cross "No Man's Land", but only with Smoke Grenades or the combination of Marathon Pro and Lightweight.
- Oddly, the turrets don't shoot Dogs.