Call Of Duty : Modern Warfare 2
The WA2000 can be found during Loose Ends, in the Weapons Cache in the basement of the Estate, with a Thermal Scope. It can also be found in The Enemy Of My Enemy. The WA2000 is very similar to the Dragunov in Call of Duty 4, as it does the same damage and does not receive any benefits from Stopping Power if unsilenced due to its damage multipliers, with the obvious exceptions being shooting at enemies who have already taken damage or firing through thin materials. This may be why the Dragunov was featured in singleplayer but not in multiplayer. When used with either both a silencer and Stopping Power or with neither a silencer nor Stopping power, the WA2000 can kill in one hit from the chest up. Because of this, most players consider the WA2000 to be the best silenced sniper rifle with Stopping Power and the best unsilenced sniper rifle without Stopping Power, as it has the highest chance of a one shot kill with those setups, tied with the Barrett and Intervention, but is semi-automatic and has low recoil.
Call Of Duty : Black Ops
- Similar to the Barrett M82, the cover on the scope has a "Mr. Yuk" sticker on it, though, unlike the Barrett, it is not rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise.
- Stopping Power has no effect on the WA2000's one-hit-kill zones unless using a silencer.
- The WA2000 is the only bullpup sniper rifle to be featured in the Call of Duty series.
- Only 176 WA2000's were ever produced; in America the market price of a WA2000 is around $80,000, which questions how Ultranationalists have about 10 of them in Loose Ends. It's possible that they were stolen, that production began again at some point, or that they are illegally manufactured copies.
- The WA in WA2000 stands for Walther Arms.
- In multiplayer, when you attach the Heartbeat sensor to a weapon, it says "Heartbeat Sensor" after the name of the gun. The WA2000, on the other hand, just says "Heartbeat".
- The WA2000 was created as a response to the poor handling of the Munich Massacre.
- Due to there being not much help when using Stopping Power, it is a good rifle to use Cold-Blooded with, as in the case of being in a sniper fight with someone using aThermal Scope.