Call Of Duty 5 : World At War
The Walther is the same as the other non-Magnum pistols except for its appearance and reload times. It has the second slowest mid-magazine reload and the slowest empty reload. This is the weapon that Dimitri Petrenko is severly wounded with by the last German on the Reichstag at the end of Downfall. It is also the weapon that he must use to shoot General Heinrich Amsel inVendetta to get the Gunslinger Achievement/ Trophy. It also has no visible recoil.
- The P38 fires the 9mm bullet just like the MP40, but the two can't share ammo. This is because the weapons use 2 different magazines. The MP40 uses a double stack, 32 round box magazine while the P38 used a single stack, 8 round magazine.
- In multiplayer on the Wii, many players use this weapon as a side arm and because it has a higher effective rate of fire, an effect of the low recoil.
- When you pick the gun up in Singleplayer, you always cock the hammer.
- It is possible to obtain the P38 in Nazi Zombies by using the "give all" console cheat, yet it can't be Pack-a-Punched.
- In Call of duty 3 when you look down the iron sights the hammer falls forward into the safe position.